Beginning on April 14, 2014, LinkedIn will be removing the Services tab from Company Pages and replacing it with Showcase Pages. There’s no need to worry because they’re adding an improvement that is going to make things a lot easier.
If your company has a large collection of products and services, it’s not easy presenting all of the information on LinkedIn’s Services Tab. You’ve either got a variety of products to present or you want to target a more specific audience. So what are you supposed to do?
Use LinkedIn’s Showcase Pages for each of your brands.
What are Showcase Pages?
Showcase Pages are separate pages from the company’s profile that provide a way to promote specific products and content to a more targeted audience. They also allow LinkedIn users to follow these pages without following the company’s page, to make it easier to promote the things that matter most to your followers.
Showcase Page Specifications:
- You must be a Company Page administrator to create a Show Page.
- The Showcase Page description allows between 75-200 characters.
- Maximum size of Hero Image is set at 2 MB, with a minimum of 974 x 330 pixels.
- The logo size is set at 100 x 60 pixels.
- The Showcase Page URL is presented as: linkedin.com/company/[showcase_page_name}
How to Create a Showcase Page:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the blue ‘Edit’ button and select ‘Create a Showcase Page’
- Enter a page name and assign administrators for the new page before clicking ‘Create’
- At this point, the page exists but it won’t appear until you choose to ‘Publish’ the page.
Note – You can create a maximum of 10 Showcase Pages through your Company Page. If you need more, you can request additional pages here.
How can I SEO Optimize my Showcase Page?
Always remember that your page is more likely to be found via search by having more original content posted on the page.
- Optimize the text throughout the page
- Post high quality updates multiple times a week
- Use applicable keywords
Regardless of the social strategy you choose to pursue, it’s essential to utilize this new feature to further extend the reach of your company. Showcase Pages are meant to create long term promotions that when used correctly, provide a fresh way to offer content to the people who care about it the most. Just remember to use these beneficial strategies and guidelines to increase the value of your new page.