When it comes to SEO, your strategies can only be as good and insightful as the tools you’re using. That’s why it’s important to invest in amazing SEO tools and make the most out of free options.
Here at Swarm, we’ve put together a list of the best SEO tools. These tools cover a wide variety of common needs, like keyword research, local search, and technical audits.
Top Free SEO Tools
- Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster Tools: Webmaster tools are helpful when it comes to locating site errors, bugs, or indexing issues. Plus, you can find out things like site performance, mobile usability, and submit sitemaps.
- Google Analytics: Utilize GA to measure the success of your campaigns or to find out how users are landing on your pages through the SERP.
- Google Keyword Planner: Keyword planner is a great resource to find out about a keyword’s monthly search volume, competition, and other keyword opportunities when you’re planning an SEO strategy.
- Google PageSpeed Insights: Use the PageSpeed insights tool to check the speed and usability of your site on multiple devices. Plus, with your report, it identifies opportunities to improve your score.
- Google Trends: If your site offers a seasonal product or service, Google Trends is a helpful resource to show seasonal variations and search popularity over time.
- Answer the Public: If you want to dig deeper in longtail keyword opportunities and find out what kinds of questions consumers are thinking, Answer the Public is an amazing tool and can help to guide content creation.
- Moz Local Listing Score: See what your local businesses look like to search engines! Find out if your listings are incomplete, duplicate, or inconsistent.
SEO Tools That Are Worth The Investment
- Ahrefs: If you want to find content gaps, backlink opportunities and track keywords, Ahrefs is your all-in-one tool that can give you amazing competitor data and help drive upcoming SEO strategies.
- Screaming Frog: Whenever you want to crawl your site, you’ll want to use a tool like Screaming Frog. You can see everything from past redirects and have quick access to all pages on-the-page SEO features.